We are looking for two NodeJS developers to join our team. One intermediate / senior, one more junior.
You will work with a tech-leading client from London that offers full training with senior software developers, so it is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow in your career. You will work on client projects ranging from consumer websites to data warehouses, reporting directly to the Development Manager.
Your day to day job will be mainly coding, attending scrum ceremonies, contributing to architectural discussions and mentoring more junior members of the team.
At Secret Source we have a fun, collaborative team where you’ll have lots of opportunities for growth. If you have strong communication skills, love working in a team and are passionate about what you do, this job is for you.
What will you be doing?
Your role will be mainly frontend and working with AWS however you will also be working in the backend and with databases. If you are a JS developer wanting to work with the latest tools on cutting edge projects with a really highly skilled team, this job is perfect.
- Develop software to meet user needs.
- Follow best practice guidelines and help to improve those guidelines. This is not just coding, but devops and the whole development lifecycle.
- Write clean, secure and well-tested code.
- Plan and lead development on sets of related stories.
- Have an understanding of whole systems and take responsibility for teaching this to others.
- Work with other disciplines to understand what needs to be built.
- Coach and mentor more junior colleagues.
- Find ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability.
Our team is fanatical about doing things right, if you want to work on a team that does things the right way, all the time, this is the position for you.
Skills & Experience
This is the type of work you will be doing. These are some of the technologies you’ll be working with. It would be great, but not required, if you had experience in some of them. The most important thing is you have a willingness to learn.
- Some experience with AWS cloud services
- Ability to communicate in English ~ B2 level
- Agile methodologies as SCRUM
- Developed SaaS web applications and/or Data Warehousing.
- Some DevOps experience with tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform..
Why work with Secret Source?
We believe that happy developers write the best code so we are focused on creating the best environment for our developers to thrive and be the best they can be. So if you’re still not convinced we have some great benefits:
- Remote work opportunities (choose to work from home or from our spacious office) Please note: this is not a fully remote position we will require you to come into the office occasionally.
- Paid weekly training time – every week you are given time to train, we will also pay for any courses you want to take
- 1:1 mentoring and continual professional development
- A spacious, custom built office with outside terraces, kitchen and multiple chillout areas – check out the photos on the-house.eu
- Extra day holiday on your birthday
- Flexitime – We have a flexible working timetable that can work around your personal schedule. Some people like starting early, some prefer working late, some like to spend time with their kids in the afternoon, we’ll adapt to your needs.
- Free coffee / tea and a buffet breakfast on Fridays
- Free English / Spanish lessons
- Weekly tech talks
- Regular events (our famous bbq)
- Yoga every week
- Competitive salary based on education, experience and knowledge.
Secret Source is an equal opportunities employer
PLEASE NOTE: This position is 100% remote during the current crisis however in the future we will require occasional visits to our office in Las Palmas.