Your Next Dream Project? We’re looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails developer
Are you a senior Ruby on Rails developer and want to work in Gran Canaria?
Would you like your next project to be somewhere a bit different? Then how about sunny Gran Canaria, just 5 minutes from beautiful beaches and year round sun!
We are looking for a senior software engineer to lead a small team of Ruby on Rails developers, leading by example to help the team improve their skills and codebase.
We’re working on a web app that helps people organise local events and filming.
If you’re passionate about your Ruby programming, this is a great chance to lead a really great innovative project and to have a big impact on a team, coaching them to write cleaner, more maintainable code, and helping them to refactor as they go.
- Lead a team of 3 to 4 intermediate ruby on rails developers and a UX designer
- Provide input into product and UX decisions
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code and automated tests
- Review your teammates’ code, suggesting improvements as appropriate to make it cleaner and more maintainable
- Recommend and follow best practices (code standards, refactoring, tools)
- Collaborate remotely with CTO and product owner in London
- Passion for writing simple, clean, efficient code
- 5+ years’ working experience developing web applications
- 3+ years’ working experience with Ruby web apps
- Firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design (you may be a fan of Sandi Metz)
- Good knowledge of test automation using MiniTest, Capybara or similar
- Experience of refactoring an existing web app
- Experience of coaching less-experienced teammates
- Experience building a large, complex web based application
- Spanish speaker
- Experience with TDD
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- One or more visits to London may also be involved
- 40000€ – 60000€ depending on experience – This is a very high salary in Las Palmas. House rental = 500 -800€ / month for a 1-2 bed flat, average meal 15-20€, coffee 1€, beer 1-2€! Year round sun.
Ideal start date:
If this sounds like you, then apply now via our jobs page. We look forward to hearing from you!
*** Note: We are not interested in speaking to agencies at this point. ***